Some say it’s never too early to start the anti-aging process to begin – and we heartily agree. If you’re thinking about starting your anti-aging regimen or just want to make sure you’re doing your properly, look no further!
1. Apply sunscreen before you leave the house. Get your sunscreen on at least 15 minutes before leave home, so that when you’re exposed you know your skin is fully protected – and make sure it’s at least SPF 15. Ultraviolet (UV) rays are responsible for 90% of the visible signs of aging, so stay out of direct sun if possible and away from the tanning beds!
2. Hydrate. Water makes up 30% of our skin, and the more you have, the healthier it looks. It also helps flush out all those nasty toxins that dull your appearance!
3. Use retinols or retinoids. Retinoids are by prescription and much stronger than over-the-counter retinols. They are still the most highly recommended by dermatologists, as it’s the only ingredient proven to improve the cellular function of aged and photo-damaged skin. It also helps to improve skin texture, wrinkles, and diminish brown spots.
4. Avoid processed foods. Excess sugar in processed foods is one of the biggest contributing factors to premature aging. They can cause dark circles under the eyes, dehydrated skin and wrinkles, so avoid food in boxes and opt for natural alternatives instead!
5. Eat good fats. Foods such as avocados and nuts are examples of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that contain high levels of antioxidants, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids. These properties help fight free radical damage as well as premature aging, all the while giving you plump and soft skin.