5 Good Reasons to Get a Facial
Earlier this week, we touched on what it takes to make sure you get the perfect peel. As we move into the weekend, we wanted to ensure we also highlight the importance of facials, for those of you who aren’t quite ready for a chemical peel just yet! Here are five good reasons to get a facial:
- You’ll get one-on-one time with a skin expert. We can Google everything from our skin type to the best products for our skin, but going old-school with some face-to-face with a real person will always be infinitely better. Your facialist will immediately be able to spot your bad habits (popping pimples, cough cough), identify your skin type (it changes over time!), if your skin products are working for you and what it takes to perfect your home skincare routine.
- Two words: Deep. Cleanse. The stuff happening beneath the layer of skin we have access to can quite literally blow your mind. Blackheads and clogged pores are snuffed out with expert techniques used by your aesthetician – and it’s important to have this done well to prevent scarring and help your skin breathe! Think of it this way: does brushing your teeth well mean that you have no need to have regular cleanings at the dentist? Absolutely not. We can’t cleanse everything just at the surface level!
- It complements any anti-aging routine. Facials help diminish wrinkles, fine lines, age spots and dehydrated skin while stimulating collagen production. If you do them regularly, you’ll be happy to see yourself aging with firm, even-toned skin. Dishing out the money for a facial could be well worth it to avoid spending even more on anti-aging products further down the line!
- Hello, new skin cells. Facial massages increase blood circulation, which helps your skin reach the best health it can get to and allow it to facilitate the renewal of skin cells….
- … Which helps your at-home regimen. If your new creams or cleansers haven’t seemed to be doing much – watch the results kick in post-facial. Your pores are (finally) open, you’ve got new skin cells on the move and your face is now basically a canvas for all the good things you’ve been wanting for it. Success!
So, how often should you indulge yourself? About every 28 days, your skin renews itself – so once a month is ideal, but if you can’t afford it that often, between four to eight weeks will do as well. The more facials you get, the more your skin cells will begin replicating the healthier cells that have been treated – and you can say hello to self-confidence and glowing skin!